Monday, December 8, 2008

BIG NEWS!

I can FINALLY announce it...seeing how the one other person that reads this(minus the online community and my sister) now knows...

Nicholas and Anthony are going to be BIG brothers! Tony and I are more than thrilled. We are excited to be adding onto our family. It caught most people by surprise as we kept it a secret from everyone. My close friends knew we were cycling, as well as Tony's cousin-as she babysat the boys when we had the procedure. Yes, this was planned and NOT a big miracle. We did an FET on October 1. We met with the Dr back at the end of August. Tony and I had a date of late October/November to do transfer. She agreed, until she said I was on the cusp of being able to have some tests done-and seeing how I was there...why not. So we did! And that pushed our timeline up a whole month! I waited for my cycle to start-Sept 10-and the rest is history! 

Transfer was October 1. We had 10 blasts left from the cycle with the boys. I thought for sure they would have thawed a few. You just never know. I was quite shocked when we went in and found out they only thawed ONE! ONE! That is mind boggling to me-and even more so when that one TOOK! Whoohoo! I was a bit surprised myself. 

My beta was on October 10th, a Friday. I had cramping on and off from the beginning(like the boys). One night I woke up with HORRIBLE heartburn. OMG! And I NEVER get heartburn. And I was waking up to go to the bathroom-in the middle of the night. I don't do that either. And of course-the burping. It started again! On that following Tuesday, October 7th, I took a pregnancy test. I was semi convinced I was pregnant. I didn't feel right. There were too many symptoms! I took the test while Tony was still home. I was so excited to see two lines, I ran to Tony and showed him. I was shaking. Crying. We both were. But then....

After he took his shower, he asked if I was reading the test right. I wasn't. There needed to be THREE lines, and there were TWO. However, if you looked close enough...there were THREE. It took my FIVE tests to come to the absolute conclusion there were three lines! Tony was not amused! I finally took a digital test and believed it! My beta was on Friday and it came back a nice strong 105. I was impressed! That was crazy! And I got a +hpt pretty early on. This was a nice, strong pregnancy. I couldn't believe it. I was pregnant, again. 

And to think I didn't think I would be a mother. And here I sit, in 6 short months I will be a mother to three children all under the age of two. Crazy? No.

 Lucky. Unbelievably lucky.

3 comments:

joannabug said...

Oh Meg, congratulations!! I am so happy for you and your growing family.

Amanda said...

congratulations!

McMemories said...

So excited for you guys!! What an exciting time!