Monday, December 1, 2008

Books! Shuffle! Books! Stand!

The newest thing in this house is books. Nicholas has taken to reading as of late. And it's not a wide variety of books. Nope. Not at all. It's one book. MAYBE I can say two books. Mostly however, it's one. And that one is.... "Five Little Ducks." I think I will be reciting that in my sleep tonight! Today whenever he saw the book, he would bring it over to me, HAND it to me, giggle and get all excited I was going to read it. So-I would read it. He even at times tried to mimic my hand movements of the ducks going, "quack quack quack." So cute! And once I was done reading, I had to read it again. And again. He LOVES that book! It is great to see such an appreciation for books in the boys, even if it is only one or two! ;)

Now we have some big news for Anthony! Yesterday was really the first day he did a lot of this. What exactly? Standing on his OWN! Can you believe it?!?! He did it before, but it was always pretty quickly. Yesterday? It was A LOT! And it was for long periods of time. Actually, Saturday was the first day that I remember him standing for longer than 2 seconds. And, he may have actually SHUFFLED those little feet of his and moved! I can't imagine him walking! You can tell he is getting ready. He wants to move those feet...he just doesn't feel QUITE ready yet. I say..by the new year, if not sooner. Gosh. Two of them walking? YIKES!

When Anthony wakes up in the morning with me, he is very clingy! So clingy that it takes about an hour for him to leave my lap! I love it though. I can't complain! 

Also-a big hit show the boys love watching-especially Nicholas, is Jack's Big Music Show. In the morning if they are fussy, or really any time of the day when they are fussy, I say, "Wanna watch Jack?" Nicholas gives a little giggle and looks right at the TV and waits. He LOVES the music and starts to bop up and down when it comes on. Anthony is just as entranced as well. I love Noggin! It's a great channel!

We have officially stopped the morning bottle. We could probably move onto the afternoon bottle. I just don't want to. I am afraid their nap won't be as long. Lately-they have been sleeping until 7am at least, and their last nap goes from 2-3:30/4 almost ALL the time. Why mess with that!?!? I need that naptime for my own nap! LOL! We'll see. I'll set a goal of January to be done. Wait, that's a month away. Well, we'll see! ;)

Our Christmas card is done. I will post it once it's in the mail to everyone! It's a great one! I LOVE IT! And I know everyone else will too! 

1 comment:

The Bowens said...

my boys LOVE books. first it was chance, now its colton. they open the books, and they are just babbling away to themselves looking at the pictures. its so cute. their favorite book for awhile, was the kind with ONE picture on each page. so thats what i looked for, for xmas presents this year!!!
we have "preschool demand" and it has ALL those shows. we actually watched Jack today for the first time. the only thing thats the boys fixate on, is baby einstein. they hear that music when the worm is crawling, and they FREAK out with excitement. too bad my DVD player is broken. colton is having MAJOR withdrawls! LOL