Wednesday, February 25, 2009

16 Month Update!

The boys has their 15 month appointment yesterday(I know-a month later-I hate when that happens). Overall-everything is really good. Nicholas weighs 23.10lbs and Anthony weighs 21.14lbs. Nicholas is 31 1/4 inches tall and Anthony is 29 inches even. He's my little shorty! :) As for his head size-it's great! He is going back onto the growth curve-so that is a relief-and one that we figured was going to happen. So the Dr is pleased about that. Overall, there are no real concerns, with the exception of either of the boys talking. The Dr. seemed a bit more concerned than I thought he would be. I'm guessing maybe because they do not use "mama" and "dada" in the right context. Anthony sometimes seems to...but it's certainly not consistent. He said to contact EI and have them come out and evaluate them. I'm not overly concerned as 1.) they are twins, 2.) they are boys, and 3.) they understand EVERYTHING we say. Plus, as a teacher, I know all kids are different and learn at different rates, etc. In their own time they will talk-and once they do-WATCH OUT! The Dr. did seem rather impressed(as I think he should be!) that Anthony was pointing to various objects in the book, etc. It's really amazing to watch him find keys, balls, the dog, cat, penguin, elephant, lion, etc... And if he wants your attention while he is doing it-he practically screeches! It's quite humorous!

Overall though-the Dr. said they were excelling everywhere else, that they were growing great, look healthy, etc. So that's great. They had to have their shots-MMR and chicken pox. I will say I was VERY nervous about the MMR shot. For what reason-is beyond me, as I do NOT believe it causes autism. I think it is caused somewhat by genetics and environmental. But to pin point it on this one vaccine is crazy-because then every kid would have autism. Not the case. And-autism is higher in boys-so I think that's where my worries were! I am happy to report they had no reaction whatsoever and were relatively happy boys the rest of the day. Oh! And it was my first shots with them(besides the flu shot-that was wimpy and quick). Tony ALWAYS holds them for their shots and then I take them and comfort them. Well, Nicholas was NOT happy at being at the Drs. office, so I held him. I had to give him a bear hug while she got him in both arms. He wailed. And then calmed down and the world was right again! Tony held Anthony and he quickly calmed down as well. I will say-overall they do REALLY well for shots. Thank goodness! I would be a MESS! 

Other than that-all is well! They are just the light of our lives! They really truly are. Who knew twins could be so much fun???? :)

No comments: