Monday, February 23, 2009

Smarty pants!

I have to say, I think my boys are pretty smart! I know I am their mother, and possibly biased as well...But...I still think they are rather smart! Today I brought out two puzzles. They are animal puzzles they got for their birthday-really easy to do, not a lot of pieces. Well, the last time I did a puzzle with them, Anthony just handed me the pieces and I would put them in. This time, I would give him a piece, and he would put it in the right spot! HUH? Now granted, it might not have been PERFECTLY in the right spot-but it was there! I was amazed! And it's so funny because you can see his eyes looking all over the place for the right spot. What a smarty pants. Then, he was watching Baby Einstein Baby Noah(animals). When the lion came on, he would come into to the dining room, make the lion noise, then go back and watch the video. It was sooo cute! He's such a stinker! And books...oh my goodness does he love books! He points to ALL the animals...and screeches to get your attention! It's quite funny! Nicholas also loves books and points to everything in them. 

They are 16 months old now, and no they do not talk. We do see the pedi tomorrow and we'll see if he is concerned. If he recommends EI, so be it. I am not totally concerned yet. They understand everything, and Nicholas actually has a few sounds. While reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear today, it seemed like he was trying to say the beginning sounds of some of the animals. In their own time, they'll get there. Words or no words, I still think they are little geniuses! :) 

3 comments:

joannabug said...

Wow, that is really bright!! I mean, putting together a puzzle like that takes coordination and matching skills. Way to go, boys!

How are you feeling?

Meaghan said...

Really? Thanks! I kinda think so as well-but that's because they are my boys! :)

AFM-I am feeling FINE. I apparently have perfect(for the most part), symptom free pregnancies! Go figure! Which might not be a good thing-because I could keep having babies! LOL!

joannabug said...

Glad you're feeling good--I'm sure you're glad for the energy. Sometimes I think the beginnings of toddlerhood is almost as tiring as early babyhood. :-)

Glad you got good reports back from their appointment, it sounds like they're just around the corner from talking to me!