Sunday, March 16, 2008

Update time!

Well...Let's start at Anthony's CT scan. On Thursday Anthony had his CT scan at 9:30am. He couldn't have milk after 3am. He was allowed Pedialyte until 7am. Of course he woke up at 3:30am starving! But he did well! When we were called in, the nurse said we could give him his bottle-and see if that made him sleepy. Ya right. That certainly didn't work! So she told the tech she was going to give him the medicine and we'd be right in. It's given rectally and it makes him sleepy. Well the tech said to just try him first-and we did. He was SO GOOD! I laid him down, the tech put towels around his head then taped it so he wouldn't move around. Then she wrapped him up in the sheets, and put the vest over him to protect him from the radiation. He just laid there and sucked on his pacifier. He was so darn cute! It lasted a whopping minute and we were done! I was so proud of him! I wish I had a camera on me! 

The Dr. called the next day with the results. ALL WAS WELL! YAY! I was really freaked out about this test. I don't know why. I guess because I didn't want him labeled in any way. To me, he's absolutely beautiful in every way. But I didn't want him to be labeled "slow" "learning disabled" and the likes. I want him to lead a happy and healthy life. And he most certainly will! The Dr. did say we have to keep an eye on it and watch the growth. If it continues, we may have to see another Dr. However, I am confident that his head size has everything to do with his Italian heritage! 

I will be back later to post more updates! Otherwise-this would be one reallly longggg post!

No comments: