Tuesday, March 4, 2008

4 Month Check Up

Oh what a day it was. It was one of those days that just came at you out of nowhere! I was excited to be going to the Dr's because I had some questions and hopefully he had some answers. I was eager to see what they weighed. The appointment started off normal. They were weighed and measured. Nicholas weighs in at 13lbs12oz and Anthony weighs in at 13lbs even. They've doubled their weight in 4 months! Not too bad I might say! Although-I honestly don't want them to gain weight fast, for the simple reason they will be in their carseats longer. I can hope, right?

The Dr came in and examined Nicholas first. He asked all the questions on how much he is eating, what he's eating, and if he's otherwise healthy. I told the Dr. that his neck is always to the right side. We brought it up at the 2 month appt but the Dr didn't think it was as bad then. This time, he noticed it was more prevalent, so he said to contact Early Intevention. So essentially Nicholas has torticollis, which means twisted neck. EI will come to the house on March 18th at 11 am. I'm assuming they will evaluate him and then we will go from there. I'm guessing they will come maybe once a week or every two weeks. They will do stretches with him and show me how to do them with him on a regular basis. I just don't want him to have a flat head and need a helmet.

Then it was Anthony's turn. The Dr. asked if his head was large. I don't notice a difference because I am with him 24/7. Whatever the matter-I think he's pretty darn cute! So-with that question-I knew there was something up. This poor kid can't catch a break if he tried. The Dr. wanted to check the measurements one more time to make sure the nurse was right. Well...she wasn't right. It was actually SMALLER than she measured! GREAT! So-the Dr. said he had to have a CT scan based on the jump in circumference in his head. He went from somewhere along the 50% percentile to 90/95% percentile. Poor kid. I was looking at my husband and picturing my father in law in my head when I realized their heads were rather large. SO! Hopefully there is no fluid there-and it's just a family trait he inherited from the Italians. One can only hope! 

Tomorrow-hopefully-will be a post filled with pictures and an update on the boys new adventures. All for my sister. Probably the only one who even reads this! 

No comments: