Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's CRAWLING TIME!

My my my. Someone stop time. PLEASE! I will do anything if someone could! My boys are moving. And growing. All too quickly. Yesterday, July 9, 2008 Nicholas crawled. He did. About three leg movements forward-he crawled. All by himself. I didn't "show" him how to do it. I didn't hold one leg, move the arm, move the leg. None of that. He did it on his own-on his own time. And he was as beautiful as ever. My little boy growing up. I watched him earlier in the day. I said to myself, "Did he just crawl?" I almost didn't want to believe it. Then my sister came over-and lo and behold-he crawled! Now-he is not the easiest child to watch crawl. He likes to tease-probably because he has an audience! He gets into the position, up on all fours, and then goes and sits back down. Such a tease I tell you! 

This morning-Tony was able to see him crawl-and I have to say he was pretty excited! Tonight-he crawled even more, even farther. By the weekend-I'll be putting a harness on him to keep him in my sight. There's no stopping him now! It's so amazing to watch!

And Anthony. My sweet little Anthony. He's so funny. He too...is trying oh so hard to crawl. He has only just started to get on all fours and rock(this past Saturday). On Tuesday, he went from a laying position to a sitting position. This week-he has also started to pull up. And this evening-it is safe to say that he is trying to crawl as well. He actually was able to move one leg forward, with the other one still stuck underneath him! But-he tried! From the looks of it-he wants to be just like his big brother! :) 

Gosh. They are just so fun to be around. I love it. Every waking minute of it. I LOVE it. Today I brought them to my old job. They are also going through something else-stranger anxiety/mommy separation. Which I have to say-I like it! There is nothing better than your child crying out for you. Granted-I might not think this at the age of 3, 4, 5, or whenever-but it is so darn cute. My boss took Anthony-and he was a bit cautious, but doing fine. Then all of a sudden-the tears came pouring down. Once in my arms-he was smiling. So CUTE! So-she took Nicholas. Again-pretty cautious(as he usually is until he surveys the scene). He turned around and looked at me/saw me. I saw the eyes get a bit red. He turned back around and stared to cry his "scared" cry. Melts your heart. My boss then took Anthony. She brought him over to the carpet to see him sit. Well-he sat for a good minute or two, maybe more. And then I hear her tell me to get over there. He put his head down and started to cry. Once I arrived-he was fine. I just love my boys! 

The boys enjoyed the kids(preschool aged). They were smiling and playing with their toys. And the kids were eager to share, and touch.... But for the most part-they were all really good. I fed them and then we came home. It was bit tricky now that we have the new car seats(as of Wednesday, July 2). They fell asleep. I wanted to keep them sleeping. Well-Nicholas woke up when we got home(he wasn't really sleeping). So I ran him up the stairs and left Anthony in the car(door open) and came back and got Anthony. I need a better way to do this. But it was naptime(a bit early though) and I didn't want to wake them up-play-and then have to go and put them down. I could have done that-seeing how Nicholas refused to sleep. No lie. He wanted nothing to do with it. Instead, I took him into my bedroom and we laid on the bed and he played and I tickled him and made him laugh. So sweet. He really is such a sweet boy.

People always say he is so sad looking, never smiles, etc. It really bothers me because he is such a HAPPY, BEAUTIFUL baby! I mean seriously-that kid smiles ALL the time at home. I make a noise-he starts to giggle. So sweet. And Anthony-well of course he smiles! I once said he would smile at a stick if it walked past him. And he would. They are just the two happiest babies one could ever hope for. And I am the lucky one because I get to be their mom. 

Photos:

Anthony dancing with Mommy!
Look at those proud big cousins! And yes-they are red heads! Or "auburn" as my brother used to say when he was younger. My sil says they are single handedly repopulating the red head population!
Anthony all smiles at Pizzeria Uno's for Grandma's birthday
Nicholas' famous pose for the camera. Again-Uno's for Grandma's birthday!
As soon as he sees the flash-that's what he does. Hysterical.

No comments: