Saturday, July 5, 2008

New milestones!

I have to post before I forget. One of these days I will be filling out their baby books(that I look at everyday and go, "Maybe I will fill that in today!"), and not remember what date things happened on. So...Today...

Nicholas has been trying to pull up lately. He will grab onto a toy, pull up to his knees, get one foot out and ready...and then go back down. He wasn't able to pull up on his own. Until today. We were at my brother's house and my mom was on the floor with him. He pulled up onto her knees...and then eventually...he was standing. I was flabergasted! That kid wants to MOVE! He has been getting on his knees and rocking for over a month now! After watching him, I could tell he just wants to walk! I'm not sure if I mentioned it in a previous post-but he is also a master at going from sitting to standing. I love just sitting and watching him move. It's crazy!

Not to be outdone by his big brother..but Anthony is on the prowl as well. He does attempt to crawl. He goes from sitting, moves his arms down, looks like he's about to crawl, and then lays on his belly. But he gets what he wants! ;) Anyways...Today...He got up on all fours and started rocking!!! Yay Anthony! He wants to move too! It's so funny to watch the two of them! I think it's just about time to start baby proofing the house. The other day, I was washing bottles, and I heard this crashing sound. I hear Nicholas start to whimper. I go into the living room and there he is...with the fireplace tools across his lap. He pulled them down! Stinker! Luckily he was not hurt!

Now-both boys have been doing this weird thing where they get up onto their 4's-almost like a weird pushup. No clue what that is-but they both do it! Funny. 

I am EXHAUSTED. It's been a very busy few days. We leave for Italy in just over a week. It's going to be another busy week...I can feel it! Tomorrow is my mom's birthday, so I will be taking the boys over there at some point in the day. Daddy will have some alone time at home-either to work on the basement or mow the lawn, or something. I'm just wondering when I will get that alone time! HA!

OK. Have to cut this one short. I am going to bed. Tomorrow I will update with photos from the last few days! 

1 comment:

Arjun and Indira said...

Hi from Twinstuff (adia2007@hotmail.com) I was just reading your blog and admiring your boys and how far they have come and how far YOU have come. We were also trying for 5 years and I found out we were pregnant on 2/15/07!!!! Congrats on your beautiful family.
Damiane'