Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sad news

I hate to write this, but I unfortunately will. Yesterday was a sad day for my family. We found out that my sister-in-law lost one of the twins. She had an u/s at 20 weeks 3 days and they couldn't get a good look at the hearts. So-they scheduled another u/s for this past Monday. She was 21 weeks. And that's when they found out. I'm not sure of all of the details, but from what my brother told me, the baby was very very sick from what they have been told. He said the Dr's were phenomenal, etc. So-now we pray that the other baby makes it and thrives. When I last talked to my brother-he said the baby was very healthy and doing great. So-prayers please. This hit me exceptionally hard, and I have a hard time comprehending why. I think I know why-for many reasons-I have twins, they may be a constant reminder to SIL, we were JUST talking about me going up there for the weekend when they were born, etc, the list is endless. We just saw them on Saturday-and I took a 20 week belly picture. It's just so heartbreaking. I wish I was there for them, for her. 

It made me realize-not that I didn't know already-that having a baby is truly a miracle. We should savour every single moment that we have with them. You just never know what can happen. So today-I have banished the computer during the awake hours of the boys(they are now sleeping). I am not on it CONSTANTLY when they are up. I play with them and once they are good, I will check email, etc...Then I will go back and play with them, etc. I'm done. No computer. No TV. Just me and my boys. The way it should be. I need to savour every waking moment with them. Not that I haven't-because I have. Our time is short-and I don't want to miss a thing! 

Baby Twin Lang,
 I never got to officially meet you. But I want you to know how much you were-and ARE loved by every one in the family. Not a day will go by that we won't think of you. I now hope that you are above us, resting peacefully, watching over your twin sibling and telling him/her to keep on fighting. We are all waiting to meet him/her. And Baby Twin Lang-we will all meet you again. Don't you worry. And when your twin is born, I'm sure we will all see a piece of you in your sibling. You will always be in our hearts. We love you and will miss you terribly. 

Until we meet again....

No comments: