Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Updating

I have been a slacker! Sorry! Every night I look at the link at the top of the page, and sometimes even click on it-and just never post. I am too tired to start writing, as once I do-it never seems to stop! So-here I am watching the most highly anticipated Presidential Election, and hopefully history in the making! 

So-what are we up to? Let's see.... Anthony had the catheter taken out on Monday. That went really well and I was so proud of him! He did not cry at all! He whimpered for a second-and it was over. He was so good! It's still swollen and sore. He needs a cream for a yeast rash, put on twice a day until that heals. He goes back in two weeks to check on the progress of the healing. He had EI on Monday and the PT was very happy with his progress. He now rolls once he gets on his back(which mommy is not thrilled with as it's making diaper changes quite difficult!). She said he has a lot more strength in his legs-which is GREAT. She can see his more steady than he was before. He also stood alone for a good 10 seconds while she was here. So-he's getting a bit more daring! And she wanted to see how he would do on the stairs-and yep-he can climb them! He only did one as he was a tad fussy-but he did it! Not sure if I should be happy about that! 

What else??? They are just little sponges! Today-Nicholas did something new....I said, "Shhhh" to him earlier. Tonight at dinner, I turned to Nicholas and said, "Shhhh" and held my finger to my mouth. He in turn-imitated me! It was SO DARN CUTE! I can't believe he picked it up so quickly! They are just amazing little boys! Nicholas walks everywhere, and he even tries to run! LOL! At least he picks up his pace. At night he seems to get a second wind-where he walks around babbling A LOT, laughing, and walking around in circles! Anthony is still smiling. He smiles, smiles, and smiles some more. He really is a trip. He is lately in the habit of wanting to be held. He looks up at you with those eyes-and when you do pick him up-he is all smiles! LOL! 

Oh-and the boys know when we are going outside, or going for a ride, or to brush their teeth! If I say any of those options-they go to the proper door, or to the bathroom. And if I say "let's go brush your teeth" the two of them HAPPILY run off to the bathroom. It is too darn cute. 

Last night-they had their FIRST bath in the big tub! It was quite the sight.... DH got them ready. I was in the bathroom getting the bath ready. Next thing I hear, "Go find mommy!" So I look out of the bathroom and I see the two of them. Stark Naked. Nicholas is walking down the hall, and Anthony is crawling. Naked. It was quite the sight! And adorable of course! So-Anthony crawls over to me and I put him in the tub. Nicholas stood at the door. And peed! TWICE! I was laughing so hard I nearly joined him! Then-he walks over to me and starts climbing up my leg trying to get into the tub! I couldn't believe it! How did he know to do that?!?! Anyways-they loved it! 

So-that's about it. Our schedule is pretty simple. They wake between 6-7am. Bottle at 7am, bkfst at 8am, nap at 9:15am. They wake up from nap and we usually play in their bedroom for a little bit. It's a change of scenery and they like it. Then we go downstairs and play some more. Or we get dressed and go somewhere, or go outside. Then it's lunch around noon. Bottle again at 1pm, nap at 1:30 or so. Wake up by 3 usually...and we go somewhere, outside, or stay home and play. Then it's dinner at 5, then more playtime, bath, bottle, and bed. We only do baths every other night-if we even remember! It's so hard! But they really are good babies. I will say though, after that second nap-they can be pretty rough! Usually they are grouchy and fussy and nothing seems to work! It is what it is!

Oh-and in 3 days....Tony and I will be in VEGAS. ALONE! I won't even get into the emotions involved in that! OK. I am off for the night. This is a long novel! 

No comments: