Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Motherhood's Sweet Moments...

Growing up, all I ever wanted was to have children of my own. That was my biggest dream. Sure I wanted the house, the job, the husband, etc... But most of all-I wanted to be a mom. Nothing in the world could have ever prepared me for true motherhood. It has to be the most rewarding job one could ever have. I might have hard days or bad days, but it's the good days that far outweigh the bad. My boys light up my life. And if I am having a bad day, or am sad, one look at them and all my worries are gone. I instantly smile and thank God for the blessings staring back at me.
This evening we swaddled up the boys and I actually read to both of them at the same time. Tony handed them to me so I had one in each arm and we read Goodnight Moon. Nicholas fussed/cried on and off during the book. Tony was getting the vaporizer ready, so I decided to sing them a song.
I started singing "You are my Sunshine." No sooner did I start, Nicholas stopped crying, and looked up at me. He starting cooing and smiling. It was the absolute best feeling in the world! My eyes welled with tears at the moment I was sharing with MY son. I still can't believe it. I am a mother. They are just the most beautiful boys I have ever seen. And they are all mine!

No comments: