Saturday, June 28, 2008

Trouble's a brewing!

Boy oh boy! Literally! These two boys are determined-and are starting to be on the prowl! Watch out ladies! ;) Nicholas has been getting up on all fours and rocking for about a month now. I am not so sure he is going to crawl at this rate, as I have watched him try to stand-or at least get up. Luckily for me-he hasn't quite figured that out yet! He does go backwards, and he is able to move while sitting. But still-no forward crawling movement. Yet. BUT... Today Tony went in to go get him from his nap. He called down to me and told me to get upstairs and to see him. Nicholas was still crying in his crib. My first question was, "Is he ok?" He was. I walked in-he is still crying, then he sees me and starts to chuckle(NEVER gets old), and I take one look at him-and he is SITTING. All by himself he got into a sitting position! YAY Nicholas! My little boy is growing up! I then watched him the ret of the afternoon perfect this new ability! It's so amazing to watch them grow on a DAILY basis. And sad at the same time...

Not to be outdone by his brother, Anthony is trying to do the same tricks as Nicholas. Anthony goes from a sitting position to his stomach. He tries to get into a sitting position from laying down, but that hasn't happened yet. He, as well as Nicholas, do the weirdest thing. They are on their bellies, and then they get up onto their FEET! With their hands still on the ground. It's almost like they are doing pushups. It's the funniest-and oddest thing! I don't ever recall other children doing this! 

Today daddy got up with them and I slept in for a bit. They were up rather early to. I hope they sleep in a little bit tomorrow. They took about an hour nap and then we were off to music class. They seem to enjoy it, at least I think they do. They haven't told me otherwise! ;) They both seem to like the drums and the bells. It's so cute to watch. They love their music! 

After music a friend came over and brought her 7 week old Old English Sheepdog to show the boys. The boys LOVE dogs! Too bad their own doesn't really care about them! "George" was very good with the boys, and took a bit of interest in some of their toys-as any dog would! I will post a photo of George at the end. They went down for their second nap and I went to Old Navy. I need to find some clothes to wear to Italy. I have nothing. Jeans and shirts. Fun times.

I got creative-if you want to call it that because it really wasn't-and made them ground turkey and sweet potato for dinner. Ya...not a hit. At all! Nicholas has more in his highchair than anything! I also had some cheese-which they LOVE. And then I fed them a container of mixed veg baby foods.  They scarfed that down. It was hot today-so after their dinner we put them in the pool on the deck. They enjoyed themselves! Anthony had a blast splashing away! Nicholas was not too fond of this little trick! After the pool-it was bottle and then bedtime!

I have to mention that I think we are on a new "schedule." I was feeding the boys 4 times a day-7,11,3, and 7. They were getting 8oz, 6oz, 6oz, and 8oz(to make up for what they didn't finish). We were also taking at least 3 naps a day. They were going down within every two hours of being awake. Well...Once I added in the 3rd meal, the times of those bottles have been off. Sometimes it's closer to 1pm instead of 11am for that 2nd bottle, etc. But I always managed the 4 bottles. About 2 weeks ago, I was putting them down for their 3rd nap and Nicholas after about 10-15 minutes-would start screaming. I would take him out of the room so he wouldn't wake Anthony-and he would be fine the rest of the day. He was boycotting the nap. So I stopped the 3rd nap for him. 

For the past two days-they have had 3 bottles instead of 4. They are still getting the same amount of formula as they were with 4 bottles. Yes, it was 28oz vs 24oz, but-they NEVER finished every bottle! Now? They still don't! But much closer! And-the minimum amount of formula they should be having is 24oz-and that's where we are. If I go somewhere-I still bring that extra bottle. Ya just never know when I will need it! As for napping-we are down to 2-of course unless we go somewhere and are in the car, etc and they fall asleep. But since going to two naps-they sleep LONGER in the morning(vs the 5am wakeup calls) and they go down EASIER! It's heavenly. Not that they were hard to get down before... But they are going about 4 hours from nap wakeup to bedtime. They are doing great though! 

This twin thing never gets old! ;)

Some photos:

Anthony getting licked by George!
George "washing" Nicholas' hair!
Can we say babyproof?

"What mom? I shouldn't be doing this?"
The boys in their pool!
Mommy's little escape artist-ALWAYS on the move!

     "Hey! What's in here?"

No comments: