Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Four Months Old!

Well the princess has turned four months old-ALREADY! We had her four month pediatrician appointment on Monday at 9:15am. Boy is she growing! She is now weighing 14.6lbs! That puts her in the 50-70% for weight. And for height she is in the 70-90%. Where she is getting her height, I am not sure! Overall she is doing great! I asked the Dr. about her spitting up and he seemed perplexed that she actually did spit up! Her weight certainly does not reflect that! I could add rice cereal to her bottles if I chose to. I could do the same with the boys, but I never did end up doing that...

Four months old!


What a happy little baby!


He did also say we can start cereal/solids if we like. He said anywhere between 4-6 months it was fine. Once we start adding foods, we need to do the new food only for a total of 4-5 foods to watch for allergies. We started rice cereal on Monday, 10/12. It didn't go so hot. She certainly was not a fan of it-it just sat on her tongue/in her mouth. She didn't devour it like her brothers... Maybe in due time. I'll stick with the cereal for a bit before I add anything else. I don't think I added fruits/veggies with the boys until 6 months, but I could be mistaken! It's just something else to worry about!

In her mouth it goes:


Where she proceeds to let it sit there...


Something tells me she is not a fan...

I also asked about the swine flu vaccine. The pedi said if I think the regular flu is safe for the boys, then I should think the same of the swine flu vaccine. I need to protect the boys, but I also need to protect Annabella, who can't get the vaccines yet. We do go to storytime at the library now, so we are out in public(vs us never leaving the house). And I think the swine flu is hard on kids. But-we'll see. They didn't have any, so I still have time to make a decision!

No comments: