Sunday, October 4, 2009

Nicholas...

I've been meaning to post, but time just goes by so quickly in the evening! We had an eye doctor appointment for Nicholas back on September 23rd. Nicholas' left eye turns inward-like a lazy eye. At first, I thought I was seeing things, or it was a one time deal. But then others noticed it as well, so I knew it wasn't just me. I called and made the appointment. We went into the appointment thinking he would maybe need a patch to correct it. WRONG! What we heard instead was quite the opposite.

After literally a five minute check, the Dr. said Nicholas needed glasses. He needed them so bad, he needed them yesterday! Yikes! He said he was farsighted, meaning he can't see near. It totally baffles us-ALL of us. We just don't see it. Maybe he does see things and they are blurry? I don't know. But when you ask him to point things out in the book, or to find this or that, he does it without hesitation. I even talked to his speeh therapist and she was baffled as well. She wanted to know how this came about, when it came about(not present after birth).

So we are looking to maybe get a second opinion. There is no problem with him wearing glasses. We just want to know if it really is as severe as the Dr. said it was. We ordered the glasses which are going to take forever to come in. The lady said they were going to be really thick glasses. Yikes! I asked the Dr. how was Nicholas going to keep them on. He said, "Oh he will! He can't see! He'll WANT them on." Alrighty Doc... if you say so!

More to come in a few weeks about this...

No comments: