Thursday, October 8, 2009

Storytime Survival!

I did it! Whoohooo!!!! I survived storytime! With not one, not two, but THREE kids! All by myself! If that doesn't deserve a celebration, I don't know what does! ;) I decided to sign the boys up for story time at the town library. I figured it would be good for them as well as get us out of the house. I had little expectations, just hoped they didn't scream! Well-they didn't scream, a few tears were shed, but overall I consider it a success! I do think it was a bit long for their age group(2-3.5), but hopefully with time they will adjust to it. They were able to go up to the front of the group and participate in various acitivies(putting a sticker next to their name, adding food to a soup bowl, and adding felt pieces to a story). It was a lot to ask of them-as they had to sit down and wait their turn, and wait for everyone to be done(14 kids total). Anthony got upset when Nicholas had a turn and not him(he eventually did). Then he got upset again because he wanted to keep on helping out! Oh well....

After the story, there was a little activity they could do. It was an alphabet book where they added die-cut letteres(A-D) and then added the corresponding stickers to them. We managed doing it on our own with no problem. This is when Annabella decided to join us and wake up and start to fuss. I can't expect miracles, right? She did great as well-luckily she slept for most of it!

There was another little boy, who was born the same day as Nicholas and Anthony. He was quite verbal(has an older brother), but he also left relatively quickly. The screaming was insane. The mother and I were talking how he has given her a run for her money. Don't all kids to that at one point or another?! ? ;)

I did get a good chuckle. There was another mother there who had twins-they had to be almost 3 years old, if not 3. Well, I noticed a woman sitting next to her and noticed there was no child with her. That's because she was this mother's friend who was brought along to help her! Here I am, two toddlers and an infant! ALONE! Granted, I certainly would have LOVED and taken the help, but there was none to be given! :)

After storytime, we drove to the office to have lunch with daddy. The boys were VERY eager to show daddy their alphabet book. It was too cute!

All in all, it was a great experience. I am a bit afraid of what next week will be like-seeing how they may be a bit more comfortable... Time will tell! The only downside is I didn't get any photos!

1 comment:

joannabug said...

Way to go super-mom!!! ;-) I have to work up my courage just to bring the twins to a story time. And so glad they all did well.

Storytime is really nice at our local library, stories and games and songs. It took awhile for mine to get into it (they're a little shy around crowds), but I think they're really liking it now.