Sunday, October 4, 2009

What's New?

Well-not much! LOL! The kids are doing great-really. Last week, on Tuesday I believe it was, I didn't turn the TV on all day long! It was amazing! And looking back-I am not sure how I did that! However-the boys were AMAZING! They played well and never ONCE asked for the TV until 5pm. A MIRACLE! So provided I don't need to get a ton of things done and we are all happy-I will limit the amount of time the TV is on. I'll be honest and say it's on almost the entire day, but they really only watch a little bit of it. It's mostly on for background noise.

Can you believe we are a mere TWO weeks away from the boys SECOND birthday?!?! When did that happen? I seriously can not believe it's been two years already. I could just cry! They are just such amazing little boys! They are the sweetest kids. And I'm not saying that just because I am their mother. They really, truly are amazing, sweet little boys. Blessed is an understatement! We have a new routine at night when I bring them to bed. I sit down in the glider and they both come and sit on my lap and lay their head on my chest. I sing two to three songs. I start with "Old MacDonald" then move on to "ABC's" and then, "You Are My Sunshine." They lay there nice and quietly, I sing to them, and generally have tears in my eyes by the end of it. It's such a great moment to be sharing with them. I think of them getting older, and how they won't let me sing to them, let alone want to sit on my lap. So I try to cherish every single moment I have with them. Before I know it, it will all be a distant memory. Then, I put them in their cribs and they "jump up and down, jump up and down." I sing, "Night night Nicholas, night, night Nicholas. Night night Nicholas, it's time to go to sleep." I do the same thing with Anthony. When I finish, I cover them up with a blanket-that's new. And then, the other day, when I said "good night" to them, Nicholas jumped up from being covered, threw his pacifier to the mattress, and started blowing kisses to me.

Now what mother's heart wouldn't just melt with that? That's why I am the luckiest mother. Really.

No comments: