Saturday, January 5, 2008

Oh happy sickness. I have seemed to have come down with a cold. If I could only pinpoint where I got it from...Hmm...Now the trick is to not get the boys sick. I might have better luck landing on the moon!

Yesterday was a fun filled day. NOT! We had Anthony's MRI on his spine for his sacral dimple. Tony took the morning off and we dropped Nicholas off at Amber's house and away we went. I was worried because he couldn't have breast milk/formula after 2:45am and only clear liquids until 6:45am. We had to be at the hospital for 8:45am and the MRI wasn't until 9:45am. TORTURE! I was worried he wouldn't take to the apple juice/water mix. Silly to worry! He sucked it right down! Although I'm sure he would drink anything anyways!

We arrived at the hospital and they put us in this little room once they were ready for us. The nurse explained he would get 50% of the medicine first-and then if need be-he would get the rest after. So she gave it to him orally. He didn't do too bad at first. But once she got to the end of it-he caught on and DID NOT like it! So-he was struggling to swallow it and Tony thought he was choking. He definitely was having difficulty breathing/swallowing. But he was really upset so she probably shouldn't have given it to him while he was that upset. Anyways...

Once he was asleep we went to the MRI room. I placed him on the table and they put a probe on his toe and wrapped his head so it wouldn't move. This part took them a good amount of time to do. So of course I'm thinking the kid is going to wake up. They kept messing with him! Well-once all was ready(the probe wouldn't stay on, etc...) he went into the tunnel and the MRI started.

And then it ended...LOL! He had kicked the probe off of his foot. Which is just like him because while he was in the NICU, he chewed the IV on his arm(hungry?) and then when it was put in his foot-he kicked it off. OUCH! The nurse came in and tried to put the probe on his foot-while he's still sleeping. Now if you keep getting touched and poked, etc..are you going to wake up? OF COURSE! So lo and behold-he woke up! Stop the MRI. UGH! They told us it would take 30 minutes. YA RIGHT! So back to our little room we go and this time he had to get more medicine-rectally. Poor boy. This is where daddy stepped in because I wouldn't have been able to hold him(had to squeeze his cheeks for 3 minutes so he didn't poop out the medicine). It took forever to get him to sleep again-but finally he did. He was such a good boy! Now-we started at 9:45...They said 30 minutes it would take...and we left there at 11:30am. Can we say stressed?!?! The results will be in sometime next week...but I'm not worried much anyways...

The nurse told us clear liquids for 30 minutes until he woke up-ummm...he was WIDE awake after. So we gave him apple juice/water. He sucked that down and was not satisfied. So I gave him formula too. Poor little guy was starving. We went and had lunch at Friendly's. My mom was there and she bought and we sat and ate lunch. Tony was in a bad mood because he called his father at work and he was mad he wasn't there yet. Jerk. And then I ordered the wrong item for him and Anthony kept screaming because he was hungry. I was annoyed because people were looking at us, and I HATE added attention! Tony came to the seat and he yelled at me to put the pacifier in Anthony's mouth. I found out later that someone in line said something to the effect of, "Oh shut up!" Now-I think we all have been a baby once...and babies cry. So-if I were Tony I would have put that woman in her place! At least I say that! We finally left, picked up Nicholas, Tony dropped us off, and he went to work.

It was a longgggggg day. Stressful too of course. Tony went and played soccer last night. It's a new thing on Friday nights for the next 10 weeks. Now if I can find something to do life would be great. I need to GET OUT!

OK. That's all for now...

No comments: