Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Roly Poly Oly!

Holy Moses! I have a roller on my hands! YIKES! You can only begin to imagine the look of SHOCK on my face when it happened! Lately I have been worried about tummy time. I rarely give it to the boys-because frankly-I forget-and run out of time. It's SO HARD trying to do it. And-Nicholas holds his head up no problem, it's Anthony that needs the work. But-I will say I burp them over my legs-and that does count-so they get it in there sometimes... So today I made an effort to do "tummy time." Go me. I really wanted to work with Anthony on this-so I brought him upstairs and laid him on the play mat before it was time to take a nap. I laid him on his stomach, with his arms out by his side....and HE ROLLED OVER! WHAT?!?!? I thought it was a fluke-so I did it again-and he rolled again! I did it two more times!!! He rolled over FOUR TIMES! I can't believe it! I jumped on the phone and called Tony I was SO excited! I had tears in my eyes! I couldn't stop laughing, smiling, screaming. It was great! Of course, when Tony got home... Anthony was shy and didn't roll again... Next time...
Today also marks another big milestone. After four years-last February 19, 2007, I got my first ever positive pregnancy test. Can you believe that?!?! I remember it like it was yesterday. I went to see the endocrinologist that day and told her I was having my blood test on Wednesday. She wished me luck and told me to call if it was positive, for I would need my thyroid checked throughout the pregnancy. Well-I left her office and as I was driving I didn't feel that well. I attributed that to not really eating lunch. So before I got home, I stopped at the Stop n Shop and picked up something quick to eat. I got devil dogs. Not the best choice-but it was quick. While I was there-I bought a pregnancy test. I had the shakes kind of and I was burping. So deep down, I thought I HAD to be pregnant.
I went home and waited and took the test around 5:30pm. Tony was working late at the office because it was tax season. He did not want me taking a test early because he didn't want me to get upset, etc... I had tested after the first IVF and obviously it was a negative and that just made it even worse... So... I take the test and expect it to show up right away-two lines. But that didn't happen. It was one line. I was heartbroken. I shrugged my shoulders and tried to brush it off and went to go turn on the computer. There were a lot of people online that were waiting to hear if I got a positive, so I was going to go on there and spill my guts before Tony got home.
I had to hide the test though because he didn't want me testing. So I had to go back to the bathroom and get the test and hide it somewhere in the trash. I went in and looked at it to make sure it was still negative-and it was POSITIVE! HOLY SHIT! I WAS PREGNANT!!! YAY!!!! I cried hysterically-and cried and cried and cried some more. I was beyond happy. Words will never be able to describe how I felt at that moment. I was the happiest person alive... If it didn't work out, God forbid, at least I knew I could get PREGNANT! And boy was I pregnant! :)
I went online and told the people who were waiting... Then rushed out of the house to go and buy something for Tony to tell him. I bought a mug that said, "New Dad" and put the pregnancy test in it. I called Tony to ask him when he was coming home, so I could get dinner ready. Ya right. He came home and I told him I had a gift for him and gave him the bag. I also got a bib that said Baby's First Halloween, as well as an outfit that said, "I love daddy." He opened the gift and looked perplexed! He was like, "You're pregnant?" I shook my head profusely! His response? "How do you know?!?!" HAHAHA! Men! So we cried together and hugged each other. It was like the weight of the world was lifted off our shoulders. Then-we went to Red Robin to celebrate! My blood test was scheduled for two days later... and that's when we would tell our parents.
It's amazing to think of what has happened in a year. I have two wonderful beautiful boys. I can't even begin to imagine my life without them. They are my everything and I am grateful that I was given the chance to be a mom-their mom. And I wouldn't change it for the world...

No comments: