Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Conception Day! :)

I know I've been really bad about keeping up... However, not too much was happening. I didn't want to bore anyone with senseless dribble. Hahahaha! Anyways...

The boys are getting so big! It's so sad to see them grow! I wish they could stay little forever. They are just the cutest things ever! They LOVE sucking on their hands! Love it! And I love watching them and listening to them! They both try to suck on their hands AND the pacifiers. They haven't figured that one out yet! On Monday, February 4, Nicholas found his thumb! So cute! He obviously doesn't find it every time-but just the thumb has been in his mouth. It's so adorable. He also loves to talk when it's in there! 

Anthony is STILL spitting up. What else is new?!? The poor kid is ALWAYS soaked-but at least he's happy about it. Baffles me how he is able to gain weight. But he weighs around 12 lbs or so. 
Both boys are battling thrush. That is no fun. Anthony doesn't have it to the extent that Nicholas does. It looks painful. I am on their last day of medicine and it still hasn't cleared on Nicholas. I'm sick of giving them medicine. Do you know how hard it is to give medicine FOUR TIMES A DAY to 3 months old?!?! My goodness! 

So today is a very special day. Some of you may be like, what in the world did I miss?But today is the day Nicholas and Anthony were conceived. Before some of you get grossed out-it wasn't the "natural" way! LOL! 

After 4 long years of struggling with infertility, I was prepped for my second IVF egg retrieval. I had a lot riding on this cycle. It HAD to work. I was wheeled into the OR, given anesthesia and the rest I obviously don't remember. I woke up in a daze and they told me they retrieved 22 eggs. That's alot! I was a bit sore, but it was all worth it. My shots were over. I remember my first cycle and all the anxiety of getting the shots. Tony gave me my first shot back in 2006 and as soon as it was over I started crying. This enormous amount of emotion came over me. Why did I have to go through this? Normal people don't have to get shots to conceive. Why me? Why me? Why me? That was the biggest question...And it took me another 6 months after that first shot to find out why it was me. 

We went home that day praying we would have a great fertilization report. We were going to do a day 5 transfer-so we needed at least 6 embryos to make it to day 5. The next few days we had to sit and wait and PRAY our miracles were out there somewhere...

No comments: