Monday, May 5, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

Oh boy. It just might be a long week at my house. Tony is gone. He's on a trip to Las Vegas for "work." Ya right! It's work until Tuesday-and then somehow...they are not coming home until Friday at midnight-when their plane lands! Must be nice to just hop on a plane and go on a vacation! I'm just sitting here wondering when I might have a vacation.... 

In all honesty-I can only imagine how hard it was for him to leave the boys. He really didn't want to go because he didn't want to leave them(I've since become a distant memory ;) ). He told me that he is enjoying them SOO much now(not that he didn't before)-everyday they are doing new things. It's so amazing to watch! Anthony now screeches when he wants something-or he wants attention. Nicholas can roll from back to belly-we need to watch out with him! They are getting better at sitting on their own. Anthony has two little white spots on his gums-when those teeth will actually come through is beyond me. They are now STTN! YAY! CIO worked for us-not that they really cried. But they seriously have not woken up in the middle of the night in at least a week! I make sure their first feeding is 8 oz. They usually drink the whole amount, or just about. It seems also that their spit up has lessened just a bit too. 

They are just the happiest little babies. I just stare at them in amazement and wonder how I was so lucky to have them. At night I miss them when they are sleeping in their cribs. Anthony with his hands by his side, and Nicholas all contorted with his little butt up in the air. How cute is that? And they are sound asleep! They are just the best babies-and EVERYONE can not get enough of them!

And it's rather funny...we go to functions, etc...where there are a lot of family members and everyone is like, "let me help you, let me hold the baby, give you a break" etc... And to be honest-I don't need a break. Sure it's nice, but really-I do it all day long, everyday. I have no complaints. I love my job and I love what I do. I don't need the help-I do very well on my own. I love my kids and we worked very hard to get them. It didn't happen at a snap of the fingers. It was a long 4 years. I don't need a break. I waited four years for this, that was my break. Now that they are here-my break is over-and I'm so glad it is!

No comments: