Sunday, June 8, 2008

Catch up!

OK. I think I finally have time-or at least made the time-to write. Every single night I think about it-yet never end up doing it-so here I be.

I am just AMAZED at how much the boys are doing now! It's so great to see-but at the same time, sad. I just don't want them to grow up! Not this quick at least! They are going to be 8 months old in a week. EIGHT! I remember giving birth to them(even though I was high on drugs!) not that long ago! I could relive that moment every day! Anyways... Update time!

Last Saturday was a first. My first night away from the boys. I never thought it would be so hard-and it was! I cried and cried and cried. I was a miserable person that day-which my husband can attest to! He wasn't around(getting gas, mowing the lawn, getting hair cut) and it just added fuel to the fire! The boys had their music class and we had to leave at 10am. It was now 9:45am, and I still had to shower, get my clothes ready, get the boys ready, try to clean... and I was alone. I was NOT happy. I was just so frustrated with having no help. I look forward to the weekends because I can have some help and get some type of break. And I wasn't getting it. I just felt alone. Anyways-that has since passed! 

We got back from music, put them down for nap, got ready, and then waited for them both to wake up before we left. I said my goodbyes quietly, put on my sunglasses to hide the tears and we left. I cried for a bit, and eventually fell asleep. When I woke up-I got upset again because I realized they were not in the back seat! All in all-it was nice to get away(even though we woke up at 6am out of habit!), the concert was GREAT, and I won $300 on the slot machines! Whoohoo! So I survived the night away-not sure when I will do it again though! ;)

As for the boys:
Nicholas: 
*On Friday(6/6) he got up on his knees and started rocking! WOW! My boy is going to be crawling soon! 
*He holds his own bottle(7 months)
*Started eating more finger foods-bananas, peaces, pears, watermelon, cheerios, gerber puffs...
*says mamamamamama, and many others! I can't remember if he's not here babbling or me!
*is still a jumping FOOL!
*rolls ALL OVER THE PLACE! I put him on the bed to change his diaper yesterday-and he rolled the length of the bed! Oddly enough-he doesn't do it on the floor!
*PACIFIER GAME: I LOVE IT! When I put him to bed, I give him his pacifier. He puts it in his mouth, takes it out, and moves it around my face. I pretend to grab it in my mouth, and he starts to giggle! It's so darn cute! We repeat this a little bit, then I lay him down.
*He tilts his head to look at you-with such adoring eyes!
*When I go to pick him up-I put my arms out, and move my hands, saying "you want to come to mommy?" He immediately gives a BIG smile(even when fussing) and holds out his arms and waits for you to pick him up!
*has started screaming(with delight, sometimes anger)
*sits unassisted(started on April 18th-6 months-mastered by 7months)
*LOVES LOVES LOVES the dog! LOVES her! He sees her and he smiles and laughs away!

Anthony:
*Has TWO bottom teeth!
*says mamamamama, dadadadada, babababa)or blahblahblah-AND-he was NOT doing this 3 weeks ago! He was babbling-but no consonant/vowel sounds!
*holds his own bottle like a pro(7 months)
*on Friday 6/6 he got up on his knees for the very first time! It was quick-but he did it nonetheless!
*is AWESOME at finger foods! You put the food in front of him and he IMMEDIATELY goes for it-sometimes without looking! It's too funny to see!
*is also eating peaches, bananas, pears, watermelon, gerber puffs, cheerios. He LOVES his food!
*When you show him food/bottle, he takes his hands and starts turning them and opening and closing his fists. It's cute.
*plays the pacifier game too! Read above if you don't know what that is!
*sits unassisted(started on April 18th-6 months-mastered at 7 months). They still topple here and there.
*loves laying on his back! He kicks and giggles with glee!
*loves the bathtub! It's the rubber ducky one, I put some toys in it-and he splashes away!
*he now flaps his arms like Nicholas has been doing for a bit.
*LOVES the dog! He is becoming more and more aware of her.

I'm sure there is plenty more, but I can't think of it. They are sleeping, so hard to remember. I should do this when they are awake and in the moment! 

Well-that's about it for now. I really should do this every night. Maybe this is the start. I hope so. I want to remember this time and no better way then to write it all down! Til next time...

No comments: