Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Less than 5 weeks...

Oy. 4 weeks, 6 days. That's how much time is left. For me to get back to my bikini figure(hahaha) and until we board the plane for the boys first flight....to Italy. I can't believe it's coming so quickly! Now if I could only superglue my mouth shut-all would be well! 

As for the boys... They just crack us up! There has not been a day since October 18, 2007, where we have not laughed. Honestly. And for being first time parents-especially to twins-I think that is a good thing! Everyday Tony and I talk about the boys, and just end up laughing at what they do, what they sound like, how they look. It's just amazing! 

Anthony has found his tongue. You will catch him clicking his tongue throughout the day-when he's on his back or when he's eating solids. It's so cute to watch and hear. What else?? Hmmm... I know there is something but I of course can not think of it! 

Oh! I know! I have meant to mention about the spitting up. My boys were famous spitters. All they did was spit up, spit up, and spit up some more. It was quite annoying as I was covered in it, the couch, the floor, the babies, visitors, you get the picture. Well-it is safe to say that they boys have lessened the amount of spit up since they have been sitting up! Whoohoo! Don't get me wrong-they still DO spit up-but no where near the proportions they were before! Thank heavens! I'm glad it has gotten better, it's decreased the laundry-if there is such a thing!

Today we brough Auntie Meredith to pick up a car rental, and in the process I was able to get my car appraised-from the 84 year old wrong way driver that dented/scratched my passenger side. From there, the boys and I went and visited Daddy at the office. Came home and I put Anthony down for a nap and he slept for about an hour. I put Nicholas down too, but he wasn't having it, so I ended up going up there and getting him. For the last 3 days, Nicholas has boycotted that 3rd nap, and I am not stressing over it. Hopefully-he is ready to drop it and once Anthony does, it will make life a bit easier. I will be able to plan on going out after their second nap. If they sleep in the car, that's fine. It will be nice to not have to be tied to their cribs! 

I don't know if I mentioned it, but we started 3 meals on Saturday. They are doing really well with that. I think they are more hungry now! Crazy! My boys are well fed! 

Well...the bed is calling as tomorrow is my day to get up early. I like what Tony and I have done. I think it's only fair, and I'm lucky and glad that he thinks so too. We rotate waking up with the boys. I understand he works all day, and just because I don't leave the house doesn't mean I don't work all day. So one day one of us sleeps until 8 and the other wakes up with the boys. And before he was getting 4 days and I was getting 3. We came to an agreement that we would rotate that extra day. So one week he gets to sleep late 4 days, the next week 3 days. 

When you get married, have kids, etc... You learn life is all about compromise. It might take some time to get there, but in the end it is worth it. I'm lucky in that Tony sees things the same way! ;)

1 comment:

Outnumbered said...

I love reading your posts because you truly LOVE and enjoy every moment of motherhood and you're excitement and attitude are inspiring! Your boys are so lucky to have you!!