Monday, September 21, 2009

Smartie Pants!



When I get the rare chance...when the baby is sleeping, the house is semi clean, and the boys are happy-I sit down and "work" with them. I feel bad we are not doing more. Sometimes it eats at me....I try not to dwell on it too much...

So today we worked on colors and counting. They have this toy where you put the pegs into the holes on five different vehicles-all different colors. So-I would have the boys find the green truck, the blue train, the yellow car, etc. They did that with ease! Smart boys! Then I started counting the holes. I then started counting using my fingers, and holding each one up in the process. Nicholas eats this ups and tries to count using his fingers as well. I counted to 10 for a change, instead of to five, and Nicholas tried. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. It was AWESOME! He makes me so proud!!! He doesn't say the full word yet-but he makes the initial sound. I would start and say "one." He would repeat. And we did this from 1-10. Sometimes, he would say the sound before I even did! When we got to eight-he said it-clear as day practically. Then he went straight to nine, and then ten. Without me saying it first. 

Maybe I am doing something right afterall?


No comments: