Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Apple Picking!

I live for the weekends. As much as I may want to stay home and veg and have someone else watch the boys for a few hours, I also want to go out and do something with them. I feel bad that we stay home ALL.WEEK.LONG. I do not leave the house-except to go to lunch with Tony and his father-or we got to one of the grandparent's houses for dinner. That's it. No parks, no libraries, no malls, no stores. Nothing. I don't even take them outside. I feel HORRIBLE about it. I know this is just a short time period, but I still feel bad that the boys are stuck indoors all the time. It's just hard with the baby and her napping and feeding schedule. Going out is fine-malls, etc... But I'm not sure how I would deal with all three of them-especially if she got fussy, etc. So I stay home. Plus-it's cheaper. Anyways...

So the weekends I always try to do something with the boys. I make sure they get outside and play. We go to different places. We'll take them to the zoo or to the park. And if we can, we bring the baby to Tony's parents house and it's just us and the boys. So this past weekend we went apple picking. It was absolutely gorgeous out-actually even, dare I say, "hot." It was probably at least 80 degrees. And whenever Tony and I have gone apple picking-it's been FREEZING-so this was a change! We went to Echo Hill and I have to say it was a bit disappointing. At least to us adults it was. Most of the apples were on the floor. Not sure if that's because of the insance amount of rain we receieved this year or what. So that was disappointing. The orchards weren't really kept up either. Tall, tall grass. Anthony had trouble walking through it, not to mention the loads of apples scattered everywhere. But-the most important part is that the boys had a good time, and that's all that really matters. As we were on the tractor ride back, I was talking to Tony and I got teary-eyed. This is what parenthood is all about-and it's amazing and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Here are some photos:










No comments: