Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The boys!


Finally I am going to attempt an update on Nicholas and Anthony... Where to begin though? Eek! This is a daunting task-especially if I hope to be in bed by 11pm. 

Well-they will be TWO next month! Can you believe it? I honestly don't know where the time has gone! I feel like yesterday I just brough them home. So sad to think about! 

When we went for their 18month appt, they weren't really talking much yet. They said "mama" and "dada" but not necessarily in the right context. So we had EI come out and evaluate them and they both qualified. We started the speech therapy once a week for one hour. The therapist works with the both of them at the same time. It works out well. She's great with them-and they LOVE her. Always a good thing! Honestly-she's not that concerned-nor was I. They understand EVERYTHING. And she said they do great at imitating, etc. She said they are going to have a language explosion eventually and WATCH OUT! We are up to about 30 words or so. Let's see if I can remember them: mama, dada, dog, Sadie, TiTi(Auntie Meredith), Zia, Nana, NoNo, star, blue, truck(Nicholas), car(Nicholas), down, done, milk(signing too), more(signing too), please(another sign), thank you(yet another sign), NiNi(Nicholas' nickname), ToTo(Anthony's nickname), Be-Ba(Annabella's nickname), Oompa(grandpa Lang), stop, one, cow(moo), sheep(baa), lion(roar), elephant(whatever that says..), pig(oink), cat(meow), monkey(whatever sound that is), no.... I'm starting to run out of words, but I know there are a lot more that I can not think of! And Nicholas is starting to put two words together, mainly: "ToTo...no" 

There was a stretch where I honestly thought I was going to lose it. Nicholas was being rather difficult. And that is an understatement. I envied Tony for going to work. All I wanted to do was leave the house! In hindsight, he was teething. He did get his four canines at the same time. I honestly never know either-no fever, generally no runny nose, no messy diapers, etc. He was just MISERABLE! I was afraid to say something to him, not knowing what the reaction was going to be. He would just cry and cry and cry. Well-it's been a few weeks and he has been AWESOME! He really is a funny little kid. He's such a sweetheart-but boy is he the devil! ;) He is VERY active. He is go go go! On the couch, running around, etc. It's probably why he loves his sleep! He seems to be more of the athletic type, whereas Anthony seems to be more of the academic type. Nicholas has a smile that could just melt your heart. I love when he comes up to me and just hugs me. He will come up and lay his head on me, and leave just as quickly as he came. He really is a sweet kid! 

Anthony is just as sweet! Although...lately he's been a bit tough. He's getting his molars as well. Not sure if that is the only reason. I've been noticing some jealousy with the baby. If I have her, or she needs me, he wants me NOW. No later. It has to be NOW. And he is crying and wants me to pick him up. It's rather sad if I do say so myself. This has been since last week. Which is also when I noticed the teething, so who knows what it is. Up until this point, there was no real jealousy issues with either of them. But, on the other hand, he totally LOVES her. He wants to hold her, kiss her, touch her, hug her... I can't put her ANYWHERE without him-and Nicholas-all over her! It's crazy! I'd love to put her on the floor for an extended period of time-but I just can't trust them. They don't know their own strength! Anthony though is a little sweetheart with her-and us as well. He will just come up to me if I am standing somewhere and hug my leg. It's so stinkin cute! He definitely loves EVERYONE. If Tony is driving the car and starts backing up before I get in, Anthony starts to cry, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" And he'll do the same if I do it to Tony. If I take just him somewhere, he'll question where the others are. I brought him to Dunkin Donuts the other day and as we were backing out, he was saying, "NiNi? NiNi?" I felt bad! LOL! And I have FINALLY learned my lesson...We were going to be seeing Tony's mom yesterday at a birthday party. I mentioned this to the boys. We went to Target with my sister. Came home, pulled into the driveway and Anthony says, "Nana! Nana!" And he started to cry. NaNa was NOT at the house. He proceeded to cry for a good 10 minutes. Poor kid. AND-he did not take a nap. So I ended up taking him to see NaNa earlier while Nicholas slept. And-when Tony came home from work today(I mentioned Grandpa was coming-and they were waiting for him), he said, "HI!" and Anthony started to cry! He wanted Grandpa! He's such a softie!

So-Anthony is the academic one. He is VERY good with puzzles. Although they both are pretty good as well. He is just SO observant of everything! You often wonder what is going on in his head! And he also seems to enjoy watching cooking shows. Very interesting! I am working on them with colors(they do pretty well with this) and counting/numbers. I'll worry about the alphabet later. Once the playroom is complete(Tony redid the closet), I will set up a little classroom type atmosphere and work on the calendar, weather, etc. 

Total space hog. Hence why I don't update as often. Hopefully now I will! Tomorrow I will tackle some photos. I would do it tonight, but it takes forever, it's now past 11pm, and who knows when Annabella is going to wake up. Last night she switched it up. I went to bed by 12, and she was up at 1:30am, and then 6:30am, and I had to get up with the boys because Tony had a seminar to go to. SO! That's a bit of a summary of the boys. I know I'm missing much more...hopefully I'll add some more tomorrow! 

2 comments:

joannabug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joannabug said...

Eek, so great about their words, sounds like a great vocabulary (I remember when you were concerned about that earlier on).

And oh.those.teeth. My Ian's personality changed for about a month in there, from a jolly little boy to just a crankpot. Couldn't figure out what was going on, then found about six teeth coming through.