Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's about time!



WOW! Have I been the ultimate slacker with this blog! Oops! To say life has gotten crazier is an understatement! A good crazy? Well of course! But crazy nonetheless! Where to begin...

The most important news... Nicholas and Anthony became big brothers on June 10, 2009! Annabella Rose was born weighing 7lbs 9oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. She's a doll! Such a great, happy baby. We love her to pieces!!


Her grand entrance:

  The proud big brothers!

The boys have adjusted well overall. Lately I am noticing a hint of jealousy with Anthony. He seems to want me when Annabella needs me. However-he quickly gets over that and comes up and gives her kisses! He's such a sweetie with her! He gets upset if I take her off the playmat. He wants her to stay! Nicholas loves her as well-except he's a bit more rough with her. He likes to hit her on the head whenever I am feeding her, or holding her. He's always laughing when he's doing it. I'm not sure if he's doing to on purpose or to make me mad! Or-is he just being loving and he doesn't know it? Who knows! 

But Ms. Annabella won our hearts forever when she was born that day. It was a surreal experience-one that I need to have written down for the future:
We got to the hospital for 10am for the c/s. Surprisingly things were on time. I walked into the OR at 11:35am. The OB made her incision at 11:55am. I got teary-eyed as soon as Tony came in. Reality was setting in... It was such a bittersweet moment!

I watched the clock intently. Not knowing if I was going to be meeting Michael Robert or Annabella Rose. At 12:09pm, the OB said, "Announce it daddy!" DH stood up and STARED! He was flabbergasted. He knew what he saw-but he was looking for other parts! ;) He was looking for a penis-but he didn't find one! It's a GIRL! We were FLOORED to say the least! I jsut cried and cried and cried! We both did! The anesthesiologist actually whispered to Tony, "It's a girl!" He then announced it to me. The entire rest of the day-all I said was, "I can't believe it's a girl!"

They brought her over really quickly and I kissed her. Then they weighed and cleaned her up. Once that was done-they handed her back to Tony. He held her, looked at me and goes, "I've got my daddy's little girl." Yes-you certainly did. Blessed is an understatement! 

Daddy and his little girl!
Ms. Annabella is an easy going baby. And HAPPY! On Saturday, August 29th, she laughed for the first time(although-I swear she did at 6 weeks..). As for when she has smiled first....well honestly-she's been doing that since birth! Seriously. But-on August 11, she was crying while I was making the boys lunch. I went over to her and started talking to her-and she started smiling. Then I would go back to their lunch. She'd start crying. I'd go back-and she'd start smiling and cooing. So it was then that I KNEW it was for REAL! As for her sleeping...she's doing REALLY well. Once we stopped the breastfeeding(that was torturous to say the least-but I held out for almost 4 weeks, and then pumped for another 4), things improved with sleep. She gets up once a night-if that! We have had a few nights where she has slept all night long. Tony does sleep upstairs-that way he can take care of the boys when they get up, and I deal with her and sleep a bit later if she wakes in the middle of the night. 

So all in all-we are doing great! Sure there are some bumps in the road, but overall things are good. I have to say, I have the most amazing kids. Do they drive me nuts some days? Certainly. But I most certainly wouldn't change it for the world! 

Now-tomorrow-HOPEFULLY-I will update on the boys and then all will be right in the blogging world again! :)

2 comments:

Meredith Lang said...

it is about time sister. after I came up with your new blog title and love your children more than anything, I read, michael ROBERT??? I am pretty sure my annab's middle name is Rose. not Meredith-the injustice of it all. ahhh, can't wait to see your three babes this weekend.

joannabug said...

HUGE congratulations!!!!! She's beautiful!

Missed your blogging, and really glad that you all are doing well. :-)