Saturday, April 26, 2008

Busy bees!

Well-we survived the night. I did. They did. And we lived to talk about it. We did CIO last night. Tony turned on a fan to drown out the crying. You could faintly hear them over the fan if you listened closely. We also set the alarm at 3am to go check on them and 7am when I got them up. When I went in at 7am-Anthony was screaming and Nicholas was happy as a clam playing with his feet. Let me tell you-that NEVER happens! Usually Anthony is sound asleep and Nicholas is the one up screaming/fussing. Naptime wasn't the greatest today. Nicholas seemed to fight it more than anything. Oh well. They went down for bed-without a PEEP! So-progress already!

Today we went to the park because I wanted to get THE twin swing picture. We didn't get it, the boys weren't big enough, but I did get this one instead:

Now how freaking cute is that?!?! I just LOVE that photo! He was due for a nap...so the fresh air was what he liked and asleep he went! 

Over the past few days-and I mean FEW-the boys have starting to situp on their own unassisted. Now-we can't walk away and leave them sitting there. I guarantee they will not be in that same sitting position when we come back. But-they can go for a good five minutes-or pretty close to it. I can't believe how big they are getting!!!!! Here's two photos from our backyard with them practicing their new skill:


EI came out on Friday for Nicholas. It mainly was for him to get acquainted with the therapist. They are coming out on Tuesday to evaluate Anthony. I figure it's free, so why not. Let's make sure he is on the right path. And if not-he's getting services now-and not when it's too late.

Tony was rocking Nicholas this evening after his bottle. I was feeding Anthony. As I was watching Tony I was looking at Nicholas and noticed how big he was getting. He's getting too big! I do not want them to grow up! It's so sad! I want my boys to stay little and innocent forever! So many people are in a rush for them to crawl, walk, talk, play this game/that game. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who wants to stop time. I guess a mother always wants to stop time....If only I could....I would. In a heartbeat.

No comments: