Friday, April 25, 2008

It's that time...

Someone give me strength. I'm going to need it. Can you hear that, can you? Listen really close because it's TWO babies upstairs in their cribs...CRYING. And Tony and I are sitting on the couch pretending nothing is happening. It is NOT easy sitting here, turning a deaf ear. I just want to go up there and hold them and rock them to sleep. But that's a no no. We are setting them, and us, for bad sleeping habits. They are 6 months old-it's time to break those habits. So-we picked tonight. Friday April 25 is CIO night. Yikes. 

We generally speaking feed them, then rock them to sleep, and put them in their crib. Lately they have gone down pretty easy with little waking after they are first put in their crib. What needs to happen is they need to learn how to put themselves to sleep-mommy and daddy can't. Tony is going to Vegas next week and I will be flying solo(at night at least)-so I want them STTN by then! It's only good for them. I am happy to say it's been about 20 minutes-and they are just about done crying. Not too bad. We put them in their crib awake-told them we loved them and it was bedtime, and walked out. Ouch. 20 minutes. Silence.

The TRUE test will be...in the middle of the night. I am NOT looking forward to it. Tony actually said maybe I should go sleep somewhere else tonight. Might not be a bad idea....

No comments: