Thursday, April 17, 2008

Milestones!

These boys keep doing new things EVERYDAY. It's absolutely amazing! You know, a lot of people might see me with the two boys, or any person raising twins, and think, "That poor mother!" And honestly-don't feel bad for me. Actually-I feel bad for you. You don't get to enjoy raising two babies at the same time. You don't get to get double the hugs, kisses, cuddles. I do. I also get to watch two completely different children blossom before my eyes. At the same time. I get to watch them develop and hit their milestones. Twice. I get to hear, "Mommy-I love you." Not once, but TWICE. Granted-they obviously don't talk...but when they do....when someone says to me, "You poor thing. You must be exhausted!" I will say no. Love never grows tired. It grows stronger. And everyday I get to witness it. And I am loving every moment of it. 

OK. A little diversion there...So-things we are doing...

Nicholas:
-loves his feet!
-can roll to his side
-can now make a "monster" noise. Hard to explain-but it comes from the back of his throat.
-is a jumping FOOL!
-is slowly learning to sit up
-loves to talk to you when you talk with him.
-grabs your face and puts his hand in his mouth.
-talks himself to sleep
-is starting to push up onto his knees
-napping in the crib
-sleeps on his tummy-at least better
-has distinct sounds when he babbles. 
-will grab a toy in front if him while laying on his stomach


Anthony:
-smiles at anyone and everyone.
-FOUND his feet! And loves to grab both at the same time. 
-can roll to his side now
-sleeps on his tummy
-sleeps better with his lovey by his side
-he now talks himself to sleep
-napping in the crib
-is slowly starting to push onto his knees too
-talks! 
-opens his mouth when the spoon comes near
-is sitting up unassisted for 2 nano seconds!

I'm sure there is plenty more-but until it happens, I can't remember. Here are the foods we've had thus far:
-rice cereal
-oatmeal
-bananas
-applesauce
-prunes
-peaches
-pears
-green beans
-carrots
-squash
-mixed veggies
-garden veggies
-mangos
-vanilla custard with bananas
-sweet potatoes
-peas

I can't honestly say what their favorite is. It all depends on their mood to tell you the truth. Nicholas will eat an entire container of Stage 2 foods-and then the next day-turn his nose up at it. Who knows! It's an "art" as the pediatrician said. Did I ever mention I didn't like art????

Now I need to figure out how to add in a 2nd meal.....Yikes! 

No comments: