Monday, September 8, 2008

DADA! WALKING(kinda...)


Alright alright. It's time for me to start taking out the kleenex. My boys are getting too big. They need to stop growing. Now. Seriously. I am not kidding in the least bit. Here's an update...

While in Italy, Nonni worked on "Where's the light?"-in Italian of course-with the boys. So-now they know "light" in English and Italian. I have been working on "ball" and "Sadie/doggie" with them. They know those. Well tonight, I finished giving Anthony his bottle and sat him on my lap. I said to him, "Where's dada?" He turned to dh, and smiled! HE KNOWS!!! Talk about melting your heart! I did it a few times to make sure it wasn't a fluke-and he would smile-and he even pointed once or twice! How freaking adorable is that?? I LOVE IT!

Nicholas...Nicholas..Last Thursday, September 4, he took his little push toy, stood up, and tried to walk! I was right there-and I had to hold the toy close to him so he didn't fall flat on his face! So that was the first day he tried ON HIS OWN-and he succeeded! Then on Friday, dh said he went up and down the hallway! Can you believe that?? He's sooo ready to start walking! Any day now any day! 

Tony(dh) and I were eating dinner and I was saying how it was funny because I missed the boys(they were in bed for the night). He said he felt the same way. On the weekends, he says it's great he gets to see more of them and all, but the crying gets old quick. He said though when he gets to work, he just sees their picture and wants to be with them all the time. How sweet is that? And it's so true. If we are away from them-we just want to BE with them. You never know what you are going to miss! They just grow so quickly!

Today the boys were playing at the train table in their play room. This is where they pull themselves up to stand, take apart the train track that I have put together 1,346 times, and slam it to the ground! Well Nicholas took a train and sat down at the end of the table, where there was the handle-so you could pick up the table. He would sit down and put the train on the train table, through this handle. Then he would stand up and get it off the table, and do it again. And while doing this, he was talking to himself. Can you believe that? Oh-and we also have a toy that you put the balls in on top and they spin to the bottom. Well Nicholas takes a train, again, and puts it in the space where the ball would go. It falls down. Then he takes his hand, and puts his HAND through the space where the ball goes, and reaches and grabs the train-and pulls it back up-THROUGH the HOLE! I think he's going to be a GREAT thinker! He already is! I don't know. I just find that amazing. It's like his little mind is already doing cause and effect, or something of the like! 

Well-here are a few photos I promised. If I posted all of them-well-I owuld never be able to write! There are just soo many photos of the boys! How can you not love them all????

                                          Their 9 month photo shoot-in Italy
                                             I just LOVE this photo of him!

Gotta love 'em! Tony and I found these shirts at a store in Italy. "Future Italian Captain"
How perfect is that?????
                         I LOVE this photo of Nicholas! The two of them could be models! 

No comments: