Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One SMALL step....

Yep. You read that right! One small STEP. Alone. Nothing to hold onto. Standing on two feet. He did it. Barely. But he did it. And I couldn't be prouder! This evening, Nicholas was playing with his push toy(which I have come to the conclusion that I should have bought two of...but that's a different story!). The toy was a bit in front of him, just out of his reach. He was standing right by me, the toy in front of him, holding onto NOTHING. And he moved. Forward. On two feet. Those two tiny little feet that spent MONTHS kicking me(and yes I enjoyed every minute of it). Those two tiny feet that moved involuntarily for the first few months. Those tiny feet that couldn't keep socks on. Those tiny feet that are just the most precious. They moved. He moved them. All by himself. 

Now-if you blinked-you missed it. It was more like a shuffle. He still isn't so sure of himself. I swear-ANY DAY now-he's going to be gone. Gone from wanting to be smothered with kisses because he can move on his own free will. Gone to go explore a world unbeknownst to him until now. Gone from needing me at every waking moment. Gone from being a baby. On his way to being an independent toddler. I'm not ready. He's still a baby. My baby. And forever he shall be....

No comments: