Friday, September 26, 2008

Walk, walk, walk some more!

10 steps. TEN. He took ten steps alone today! I can't believe he's starting to walk! And to think that he was so small and helpless once! I am just wondering when he will just GO. Although I will be honest, I don't know if I am ready for that to happen. He's still my baby. I don't ever want him-or his brother-to grow up!

Not too much else to report on. They now know the word Elmo. I think that's 10 words or so that they know. Light, dog, Sadie, ball, TV, phone, dada, mama, book, bear, elmo, and grandpa. I have some smart kids! And I am not sure if I mentioned it before-but I swear Nicholas says dog. About a week or so ago-he was eating breakfast-and I swear he said dog-and he has said it a few times since-to Sadie nonetheless! 

I am getting a cold and I am exhausted. It's been a long long week! It rained today so we were stuck inside and Nicholas wanted to go outside and cried when I shut the door. Poor kid. I need to take them outside more-even in their jackets and sweatsuits!

I got ALL of their laundry done. ALL of it. My mother and mother-in-law thankfully folded it all. I owe them my life. Now I just have to put it all away. Fingers crossed I get that done. 

We are not in full steam ahead mode to get ready for this party. I need to get my rest-we have a busy weekend ahead! Oh-and one small note-Nicholas got his first black eye-from his mommy. I felt beyond horrible for my poorl little boy. I was giving Anthony his bottle, grabbed it quickly off the table, and it slipped and hit him right below his eye. He wailed. I cried. Guilt is the worst. Of course he was fine afterwards-but initially, I felt like the worst mommy in the world. I guess it's all about parenthood... Some things people never warn you about! 

No comments: